Thursday 1 August 2013

Respect - part 2

Following on from my last entry, Wyrd have now brought in new forum rules to try and eliminate or limit the disrespectful behaviour that has been seen recently. In part I was really saddened to see this, not because of the action taken but because it was necessary.

For the last 4 years I've played Malifaux and a big part of why I stayed was the uniquely friendly and respectful community. Whether you love or hate m2e, you have to admit that it's impending release has had a profound impact on the community and the behaviour of some of the players.

As much as this need saddens me, Wyrd deserve a lot of credit for the way they are handling it. A lot of companies would have quietly banned the offenders and continued to deny there was an issue. By saying that they don't want to stop people expressing an opinion, just make them do it in an appropriate manner, they have earned my respect.

As much as things seem to be changing at Wyrd, every so often they do something like this that reminds me of the good old days. This buoys my spirits and I live in hope that m3e might be a game that I can get onboard with.

3 comments:

  1. You know this is something that Duck21 and I talk about in this week's Hobby Sofa (just finished recording).

    I 100% agree!

    While in no way is this a magic wand to fix all the problems, it is a step in the right direction and I applaud that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will it be out? I'm eager to see if I can understand his accent this time! :)

      Delete
    2. I should be uploading it tonight, so expect around midnight BST.

      As an FYI, Andrey is Russian, hence the accent, but man can that dude paint!

      Delete