Sunday 25 August 2013

Future of tournament gaming?

Since giving up Malifaux I can honestly say I've not missed it that much, what I have missed is the people an organising events. With that in mind I've been mulling over some ideas in recent weeks and now have a plan that I think will work.

The general idea is that it is an achievement based event but with a bit of a twist. There would be a lot of different games (board/card/mini) and a short list o achievements for each. You could only get each achievement once so it would encourage people to play as many different games as possible over the course of the day (or weekend depending on demand).

It's currently in the early stage of planning, at the moment I'm just feeling out whether there'd be demand for this type of event? Let me know what you think, I really like to get a format that people want to play so any feedback would be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awsome, although not too sure how you would fit things together. Thats why your the TO and im a gamer ;)

    But it is definately something i would travel a great distance to take part. Will M2e be making an apperance?

    Also would you limit the games that will be present or just wait to see what people will want to bring/play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty good idea how things will fit together, still needs a bit of refining though.

      The won't be any m2e. Besides the fact that it sucks, it's too complex and inaccessible for people that have never played it. The idea is to have self contained stuff that takes no longer than 5 minutes to learn.

      The game list will be set up front as I'll need to do an achievement list for each. People can offer to bring games but I'll set a deadline so I can sort out an achievement list prior to the event.

      Delete