Monday 5 August 2013

A whole new world

So, the new episode of Soulstone Train is online after a considerable amount of time editing.  I actually rage quit that process for a few days due to a significant amount of coughing in awkward places which was a bitch to edit around (I can’t really complain after my months long cough that screwed up many an episode).  Due to the paranoia of missing something, I usually end up listening through the whole episode 3 times before it is released, this time however I just wanted it out and listened to each part twice but didn’t listen to the finished version.

I started listening on the way to work this morning and noticed a break with no music in, bit disappointed in myself but it just means that musical choice can appear in a future episode (unless it just got dropped in somewhere else by mistake!).  Also the sound quality on this one wasn’t great which is why, when I started editing, I decided to order some decent recording gear (hopefully it’ll arrive before the next episode).

Overall I’m pleased with how the new format worked, we had more of a plan for that episode than we’ve had in the past and I think that really helped.  I’ll be interested to hear feedback from anyone that listens to the episode, I think it’ll take a few episodes to find our feet and feedback will really speed up that process.

As we have been playing a number of co-op games recently, we’re also keen on working in some listener participation into the games we’re playing.  This may be taking suggestions on what game to try next or what direction to take our D&D characters in.  We think that’ll add a fun dimension to the discussions that we’re having.

One quick hobby update before this entry is done.  I’ve now received and fully painted my miniature for the D&D campaign, it is the Sir Conlan mini from Reaper’s Warlord range.  It was the most expensive of the Reaper stuff that I ordered at a reasonable £6.80 but for that you get a really nice sculpt with a fair amount of weight to it.  I ordered my Reaper stuff from Miniature Heroes (miniature-heroes.co.uk) and the service was awesome, I can really recommend them.  I’ll get some pictures of the finished Sir Cedric when I’m not posting from work (don’t tell my boss!), considering how quickly he was painted I’m really pleased with how he came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment