Wednesday 4 December 2013

I blame the Soop

This week has been a bit of a strange one for me, on many different levels.

Last Wednesday I had a Malifaux 2nd edition demo with replacement henchman Chris.  Having previously been the henchman, I really made him work for it but he stepped up and did a great job.  That was the first time I’d looked at Malifaux in roughly 6 months and was pleasantly surprised by the subtle changes that have occurred during that time.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s still not as good as the game it was and I’m not going to rush back any time soon but it has improved since the final beta version.

On Friday we recorded our long awaited m2e episode of Soulstone Train, this is something that we’d been putting off for some time.  For a while, I had in my head an idea of how that episode would be structured which is pretty different to how episodes are normally planned.  As we were going back to our roots in a way, I thought it appropriate to obtain some Dragon Soop for the occasion (pay close attention, that becomes important later!).  We started recording the episode and it was much more civilised than expected until something rather unexpected happened.  I found myself agreeing to play in the Vapnartak (not Varpartnik!) Malifaux tournament in February.  Going into that recording I had absolutely no intention of entering that tournament so I can come to just one conclusion, it was the Soop!

That brings us to the bizarre conclusion to the week, me going on a diet.  Those who know me know that I like food and I like drink, neither of which are overly good for you in the quantities that I consume.  It is worth noting that I am not an average gamer, I regularly see my feet without the need to breathe in and regularly participate in a violent blood sport (in my case, ice hockey).  Due to a damaged ankle I have not played a massive part in the hockey season so far and have been piling on the pounds.  As I needed to lose weight anyway, I have signed up for the Malifools fat camp challenge to try and lose my excess weight before Vappa (which also coincides with the toughest part of the hockey season.).  I tend to lose weight pretty easily so hopefully by Vappa I’ll be rocking a 6 pack (totally not happening!).

No comments:

Post a Comment